sponsored by tropical fish guide pocket edition

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eyes bulgeing red
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm 

Pet Dragon Info:
Rankin dragon around 1 year
Eyes bulgeing red
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:37 am
Hi ive had my rankin dragon a few months she is 1 i fed her locus 4ths and 10 mins later both her eyes bulged out red was so scary. Does anyone know why this is also she has started sleeping standing up can someone please help. Thankyou

Post subject: Re: Eyes bulgeing red
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 pm 

Pet Dragon Info:
Spike- august 2013 to present.
Lost his friend late November 2013 to an unknown illness, she will forever be missed.
Lauzs85 wrote:
Eyes bulgeing red
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:37 am
Hi ive had my rankin dragon a few months she is 1 i fed her locus 4ths and 10 mins later both her eyes bulged out red was so scary. Does anyone know why this is also she has started sleeping standing up can someone please help. Thank you

Sorry if this is too late but it is worth a try. I am not an expert on this but my dragon sleeps standing up sometimes or in weird places so i don't think there is anything to worry about.
as for the eyes i saw a post on a bearded dragon website about that, i do not know if it would apply to rankins though.
'Bearded dragons love to scare their owners, and there's nothing more scary when you haven't seen it before than eye bulging. Very occasionally beardies eyes seem to pop out like a frog's. It is freaky, but absolutely nothing to worry about. There's no real scientific explanation, but it's thought that it helps stretch the skin round the eyes to make it easier to shed.'
DO NOT take this over any professional advice you may be given but it is just my opinion on the subject.
~MosaicDragon

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]